School of Health Policy & Management
- Where can I find information about academic advising and setting up an academic advising appointment?
Note: a lack of familiarity with the Senate Policy on Academic Honesty & Integrity cannot be used as a defence by those accused of academic misconduct.
What are the types of Academic Dishonesty/Misconduct that students must be familiar with?
Students must also review the SPARK Academic Integrity Module.
- For further details, consult the Summary of Offences Against the Standards of Academic Honesty in the Senate Policy on Academic Honesty.
- What are the Key Points of York's Policy on Academic Honesty?
- Where can I find information about Course Withdrawal after the last day to drop a course without receiving a grade for a term up until the last day of classes for the term has ended?
- There are two applications of the Withdrawn from Course Policy:
- When an undergraduate student drops a course near the end of the term—but before classes have ended OR
- When a student petitions to drop a course after classes have ended for the term
- Where can I find my Final Grades?
- Final Grades are posted online on York University's Moodle website.
- If the grade is not available, students should contact their instructor.
- The SHPM Office does not give out grades to students.
- If a student deferred their exam, their grade will not appear online.
- After students write the deferred exam, they can obtain the grade from their instructor.
- What if I feel my grade is not correct?
- If a student feels their grade is not correct, they should contact their instructor.
- Students also have the option of a Grade Reappraisal, noting that as a result grades can go up, down or remain the same
- Students should contact the main SHPM offfice (HNES, room #403) to complete and submit a Grade Reappraisal Form. The School of Health Policy & Management will then process the form and make the decision
- Students will be notified by mail the outcome of the decision
- Students should note the Grade Reappraisal Deadline Dates: Fall Term (F) February 15th, Fall/Winter (F/W) June 15th, Winter (W) June 15th, Summer (SU, S1, S2) September 30th
- Where can I find the Policy on Requesting Make-Up Examinations & Late Assignment Submissions for the School of Health Policy & Managment?
- What if I am unable to submit Outstanding Course Work (assignments) due to a valid medical emergency, illness or other unforeseen circumstance BUT able to submit by the last date of classes?
- Please contact your course instructor directly and negotiate with, and seek approval from the course instructor directly by email no later than 1 (one) calendar day after the medical emergency, illness or other unforeseen circumstance occurred. No forms are required.
- What if I am unable to write a Mid-Term Test or Exam due to a valid medical emergency, illness or other unforeseen circumstance?
- What if I am unable to submit Outstanding Course Work (assignments) due to a valid medical emergency, illness or other unforeseen circumstance by the last date of classes?
- What if I am unable to write a Final Exam due to a valid medical emergency, illness or other unforeseen circumstance by the last date of classes?
- Download the forms for Final Exam/Assignment Deferred Standing Agreement AND the Attending Physician's Statement, and submit the completed forms to the SHPM main office (HNES, room #403) no later than 7 days following either the missed examination or the last day to submit course work.
- Once the forms have been reviewed and a decision made, students will be emailed the decision regarding the deferred status.
- Where do I write an approved deferred exam?
- The School of Health Policy & Management sets a Deferred Makeup Date and location for a missed exam. This date is not negotiable. Students deferring more than one exam should note that they may be writing multiple exams on the same deferred exam date.
- Students can only defer a final exam once. If they do not write on the accommodated deferred date, students will need to proceed with a formal petition (see info on petitions).
- What can I find further information about Deferred Standing Procedures?
- How do I seek Permission to Add a Course (BEFORE Last date to add a course without permission of instructor?
- When trying to register into a course, students may get a message that "seats may be restricted, please contact the department". This is a standard message for the university. If you continue to try and add the course it will allow you to, once sufficient space is available.
- Permission to add a course will not be accepted by telephone, email OR in-person
- Students in the School of Health Policy and Management seeking permission to add a course must complete the Seeking Course Permission Form (Fall 2018/Winter 2019) which is automatically sent to SHPM once completed using the online form using the above link.
- Once the form is submitted through the online "submit" button, students will receive an email response from SHPM either granting permission to enroll or the reasons why the student cannot be granted permission.
- How do I seek Permission to Add a Course (BEFORE Last date to add a course with permission of instructor?
- Students must contact the Course Instructor by email and forward the email (if approved) to email@example.com confirming approval to enroll with permission of instructor.
- Students will then be granted permission by the program and receive an email confirmation
NOTE: Course Instructor permission is NOT a guarantee of being granted permission to enroll based on other restrictions that may apply (example: maximum allowable enrollments (course is full) or course prerequisites required).
NOTE: This is for Health Studies (HLST) Courses ONLY. Contact other departments for courses in other programs.
- How do I seek Permission to Enrol Late (AFTER Last date to add a course with permission of instructor? The Petition to Enrol Late Form is used to petition to enrol late in a course. It should only be used to enrol after the last date to add a course with permission from the course director (see Important Dates). Special permission Forms are made available to students at this time. Students should submit the form to the main SHPM office, room #403 for approval.
- What is an Academic Petition?
- An Academic Petition is a written request for the waiver of a Faculty's academic regulation or deadline.
- Where can I find the Academic Petitions website?
- Sometimes, the petition requires a Course Performance Summary form (found on Academic Petitions website under "What Documents Do I Need To Submit" tab
- Please bring your Course Performance Summary form to the main School of Health Policy & Management office, HNES building, room 403 to be completed by the instructor/department
- Students will receive an email when the form is available for pickup
- The complete petition package should then be handed in to the Registrar’s Office
- Where do I find information on making a program change or changing my area of specialization in Health Studies? (Example: Health Policy Specialized Honours BHS Program 120 Credits seeking to change to Health Management Specialized Honours BHS Program 120 Credits).
- Where can I find information about Important Dates?
- Students should check on the Important Dates, so they are aware of when they can and cannot register for courses, classes and exams start/end dates, co-curricular days and reading week, add/drop deadlines, holidays, University closings and more.
- Where can I find Course Enrollment & Registration information to enrol, Search Course Timetables or Add/Drop Courses?
- Students must go to Course Enrollment and Registration to register into courses.
- Where can I check my Student Online Account to see my tuition and course payments?
- Where can I find Student Client Services to check my Student Records, change my Contact Information (name, address or telephone number), see my Degree Progress Report, order a Transcript or Apply to Graduate Online?
- Where can I find information about the York University Bookstore?
- Where can I find information about Final Exam Schedules?
- Where can I find out about Alternate Exams for students with disabilities?
- Where can I find out about Religious Accommodation for students not able to write tests/exams due to a religious observance?
- Where can I find information about Campus & Security Information?
- Where can I find information about campus closures due to Weather Status?